- TI Sitara 300MHz ARM9 core processor running under a Linux-based operating system
- On-board program storage including 16 MB of Flash memory and 64 MB of RAM
- Mini SDHC card reader for 32 GB of expanded memory
- On-brick programming and datalogging that can be uploaded into the EV3 software
- Computer-to-brick communication through on-board USB, or external WiFi or Bluetooth dongles; Daisy-chain up to 4 LEGO EV3 Intelligent Bricks
The new 3rd-generation LEGO EV3 Intelligent Brick is powered by the ARM-9 processor which is significantly more powerful than the previous generation NXT Intelligent Brick. It runs on the Linux OS, an open-source software which give advanced users a highly flexible system to hack or modify.
The EV3 software which is not included can be downloaded freely from LEGO.com is a friendly, graphical design programming language based on National Instruments’ LabView.
Apps are also available for the Apple IOS and Android OS smart phones and tablets for greater control and possibilities with the LEGO EV3.
The LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Intelligent Brick is a wonderful and powerful tool for beginners learning how to program to advanced user creating rather sophisticated robotic systems – it is limited only by your imagination.
The EV3 Brick uses 6 AA Batteries or the EV3 Rechargeable Battery, and both are sold separately.
Compatible with older LEGO NXT sensors.
List Price: $ 199.95